TPU is a thermoplastic variant of polyurethane rubber, which means that it can be remelted and recycled. The most commonly used TPU materials are based on polyester and polyether. The polyester-based variants have the best mechanical properties and are thus used more often than the polyether-based variants, which have better hydrolytic resistance. Erteco offers TPU materials that are partly based on renewable raw materials. The most common uses of TPU are applications which require exceptional wear resistance, such as shoe soles and other components that are exposed to extreme wear.
- Excellent wear resistance
- Very good oil resistance
- Very good mechanical properties
- Excellent thermostability
- Good mechanical properties
- More difficult to process than other thermoelastomers